WILSON AUDIO.....BIG NAME, BIG PRICE........ARE THEY THAT GOOD?

Are Wilsons the best? are they worth the money? Looking at used watt puppy 8 or Sophia 3. 
jeffvegas
I've not heard them, but they are ugly. Like a couple R2D2s that got hit real hard with an ugly stick.
Sounds like you’re just looking at speakers you can get a deal on.

Ding, ding, ding........::

We have a winner!
Seeking and making recommendations on speakers out of context (system discussion) is not productive.

I guess he has not heard a good metal dome tweeter, then, or at least set up in a beautiful system. I am reviewing now a dynamic speaker with a metal tweeter that has some of the most scrumptious high end I have heard in my room. The tweeter performs on a level with the ribbons I have used. Not the same dispersion, but every bit as erudite and flawless sounding. BTW, that is not a tacit endorsement of the speaker discussed in the OP. Everyone has their preferences.

Review will be out in time.
Wilson’s Speakers are very very good speakers, well built, like piece of art, Do I want want? Sure I do.You get what you pay for.
I’ve spent decades doubting the power of marketing, even though it’s one of my degrees.  Strong marketing does explain the strength of several products which really may not represent to many a cohesive price/performance formula.

Truly successful marketing explains Range Rover, Rolex, Bose and Wilson Audio.  I applaud those firms for playing the game better than others.  They validate the consumer with a sense of pride and accomplishment regardless of what other seemingly more critical minds project.

I now live in an area up to my gluteus maximus in Range Rovers brought in by transplant residents who rave about them.  Really?  And why does your Range Rover smell like curry?  Which BTW I love.  But they did not ask me to buy them for them, so I move on.

For those haters of others audio products;  it’s not YOUR money, it’s not YOUR ears so stay in your own lane please.  Stop rescuing strays.  Don’t we have enough caustic judgement already?

Thank you I’ll be here ‘till Friday and try the veal.