Power regenerator vs conditioner

If the goal is to improve the sound quality (soundstage, detail, dynamics, etc) and the issue is "noisy" AC, it would seem to me that a power regenerator such as PS Audio P15 would be far superior to a "conditioner" such as a Shunyata Denali or Hydra or Triton.  Is this correct?  Thanks .
craig
OP — Because you seem to have these products in mind, I can share my experience: I have a Niagara 3000, a PS Audio P-15, and a Denali 6000T in my house, in different places.  Like you, the PS Audio narrative makes the most sense to me.  And I used the P-15 in my big system for a long time.  More than once it beat out the Denali.  (The Niagara 3000 was not designed for a big system and I didn’t try too hard to test that).  But I recently put in two 20A dedicated lines with 10 gauge wiring, one for the amp and one for the AC power hub of choice, identical length, etc etc. First of all, no AC solution bettered my system like that did.  Big time (and if you think about it, that sorta undermines the notion that — if you regenerate perfect power from scratch — it doesn’t matter what you start with).  Secondly, after settling into a more relaxed, quieter, yet more dynamic new sound, I tried the Denali in place of the P-15.  Denali was better by a non-debatable margin (but I still connect the amp to the wall directly).  Sooo, who knows.  I let my ears decide.  But I’ve read many times, and now experienced firsthand, that your existing power situation can determine whether you’ll prefer the regeneration route, the "distributor" route (Shunyata), or the conditioner route.  I’ll say this (Part 1): they all provide improvement in my experience, except your crappier conditioners that quiet down the noise by strangling dynamics.  I graduated from that trial/error chapter.  And I’ll also say this (Part 2): as my system has gotten better thru better speakers and electronics, the differences in power solutions are much more noticeable.  Everyone has their own opinion, but the AC power solution deniers are just, well, wrong.  
No, general working principles of regenerators and filters are different... and implementation of both types of equipment concerning SQ might vary depends on your preferences and power quality. I used to have PS Audio P1000 regenerator which did not make any perceptible improvement for my system however filter is useful but only for the sources. My friend who live in multi-storey building with far from decent power situation has totally opposite effect, power regeneration is the must for him.  So, you need to know exactly what you want to do and what effect you try to get or if it’s too complicated just compare one to the other. 
The Power Generator uses an inverter. First, It rectifies The Line Power to DC. Then, the inverter reassembles the 60 Hz 120 vac line signal. It responds very quickly to changes in demand. If the incoming line frequency drops to 55 Hz, or the incoming voltage goes high to 140 vac, or drops to 90 vac, the inverter doesn’t care or even notice. It uses what it gets from the line and converts it to dc. It ALWAYS supplies noise-free 60 Hz/120 vac to its load.

A power conditioner only filters the line power. It can’t raise or lower the line voltage, nor correct it’s frequency.
Stromtank is the most advanced system I've seen. It is a giant battery with a very precise regegenerator.

I've heard it but only in a system, not demoed with an without. There are some reviews and they all seem to be very positive. So it is just a matter of the price, I think one model goes for $30k!

https://stromtank.com/
Now those German things look serious and they use safe chemistry for batteries. $30K ? That's almost nothing, some of us buy cartridges for $15k, cables for $25K and records for $600 or more.
Additional way to manage the current is to buy equipment with real power supplies, not some toy parts. Plus good power cords.