ARE WILSON AUDIO WATT PUPPY 8 FOR 6 GRAND A GOOD DEAL?

I have the opportunity to get a mint pair of Wilson Watt puppy 8's for 6 grand. How does the performance of this loudspeaker stack up with current stuff and is this a good deal? 
jeffvegas
I heard them once in a good set up at a dealer.  I did not like them.  I listened to the 1st generation Sophias the same day and like them better than the eights.  Listener fatigue set in after listening to the eights for about 20 minutes.  But there was something I didn't like about them right away.  Just my option, but you couldn't give me a pair of eights based on what I heard.
Is Wilson Audio just a big name speaker with a big price? or are they really that good?
The newer model are much better than the old.
IMHO,
But, a Vandersteen always seems to come out ahead, and at a more reasonable price.
bob
I listened to treo CT and quatro Vandersteen and I was not impressed. poor dynamics. Too laid back. Lack of excitement.  boomy bass. I have owned Vandersteen 2ci, 3a and 4a back in the 90's so I like Vandersteens but I only like the model 7 and the Quinto. They are out of my price range. Model 5a is good but they are too old. 5a carbon too much money. 
Is Wilson Audio just a big name speaker with a big price? or are they really that good?

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Of course they are, but you have to make your mind up on something. 

I did 35 years ago.. Only changes I've made are number of drivers I use. 3 years ago I went from PRs tuning my subs to full blown DSP from 80-300 hz and OB servo 80hz and <. More parts but easy to tune.. Everything else is just monitors.. I like small planars and ribbons.. Nothing beats them for speed, I've yet to blow a Neo 3, 8, or 10" planar.. Close to 80 here. 40 or so ribbons..

Look at GRs stuff.. That is really cool.. Better than Wilson..AND a lot less money.. Still the room ay? Room treatment.. really the key to it all..

Respect