All record weights the same ?

What is a good record weight.

Do they harm the motor, or put more stress on a direct drive motor?

Technics sl1200 mkii from the mid late 80’s.  Removed platter, unscrewed top, removed spindle , and removed clamp,  wiped off old oil, fresh oil, blew out w compressed air, oiled any moving parts. 
 Put back together, and it’s smooth as silk.

Anyway,...WHATS A GOOD descent record weight that will hold down the LP and not harm or put more strain on the motor. 
128x128arcticdeth
-Some of them are heavy like Micro Seiki ST-10 (900g), this is rare version for Audio Union (made by Micro).

-Some are optimal like Noritake (500g).

-There is something in the middle (between heavy and light) and in my opinion this is the best, it’s not just weight, it’s a clamp....... Look at this.

All of them are harmless for Technics! Replace your rubber mat with something like SAEC SS-300 and choose the weight you want. nice upgrade for Technics.

No they are not the same, shape is important (rounded the better), material is important (not ringing), weight is important (enough to hold firmly record down and not causing excess stress on some bearings). You may find that a threaded clamp would work better since you can adjust the downward force. 

G

I can't quite read the brand name of my record clamp and the name I think is there, Belex, doesn't google up, But the device is lightweight and easily twist clamps to the spindle by compressing a rubber disc within. Yeah, it doesn't do much for edge warps, and if the LP has assumed a cone shape it'll only flatten it out when the cone is facing downward. I also have to support the bottom of my Sota's platter with one hand as I clamp the clamp down. But yeah, as far as I'm concerned it cleans up fidelity all around. Better imaging. Better transients. Less distortion. Better bass.
Dear @arcticdeth : For you OP what you really need is a reflex clamp as the Basis :

https://www.basisaudio.com/basis-reflex-clamp

Dead weigth can't make that job and was what used in the old times till reflex clamps appeared.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.
A spindle weight is one thing but a periphery ring is what will really help with eliminating warps.  I don't know if one will work with the 1200 (check platter clearance).  Mine were manufactured by TT Weights