Speaker Suggestions/Opinions

I’m in the market for some new speakers. Budget up to about 3k. I prefer to buy used. Currently running some Totem Rainmakers. Have also Run Totem Forest and Arros. I love the Totem sound clearly, but still curious what I’m missing out on.  
Most important to me is a lush midrange, musical, the ability to disappear, and they have to image very well. I run McIntosh for amplification so I’m comfortable with a speaker that may be a touch hot in the tweeter. I’m very drawn to Harbeths based on everything I’ve read but really don’t dig the look of those fat boxes.  And why for the love of god do they have 20 screws visible on the front baffle. It’s almost as if they trademarked the look, but it’s terrible. Proac, Spendor, and Sonus Faber are few others I also find intriguing. Especially Spendor but they don’t seem to have a large market in the US. I also find there line up a bit confusing, lots of options. I really don’t like to purchase anything that doesn’t have good resale value and a fairly high demand on the used market as well. Anyways look forward to all your thoughts. 
brylandgoodman
I see a lot of brands mentioned that are capable of producing a great sound. Off the list for me would be KEF,  Only like the HL5 from Harbeth-And it would not cost a penny for Harbeth to use screws that match the face. If the grills are meant to stay on then build them that way!

Mr. Bry, did you mention your amp? Synergy counts more than the difference between your brand choices.
@larry I’m not a dealer, I’m a teacher. I live in Denver. Don’t own Fritz, only Salk. 

Amp is McIntosh MC302. 
These Fritz speakers are interesting. I wish the did a little more with the cabinets. Even a bevel or rolled edge I think would go a long ways. Does anyone know what goes into one of their designs?  Are they simply a company who sources very good drivers and fits them with suitable crossovers and cabinets, or is the designer known to have a good ear and spends considerable time. I guess I need to read some reviews. 
Also what’s people take on P3esr filling a medium sized room?  Basically if they could play safely as loud as my Totem Rainmakers then they may be all I need. I find they look much more tolerable than the larger models. I can also find them in black which goes a long ways to hiding the screws a bit. I am also limited in how far I can bring the speakers off the front wall. With the Rainmakers about 15 inches. Side walls are about 10 feet away which helps a lot. 
To be specific the room is 11ft by 22ft with a 5ft opening into a short hall that leads to the kitchen.  The speakers are in the middle of the long wall. 
Fritz uses extremely high quality drivers in unique crossovers which are often the best of show or nearly the best.

For 2-way speakers you simply cannot find a better value, and often can't find better performing speakers.  The Scanspeak models are also exceptional for the sheer amount of bass they can produce in relatively small speakers.  Outstanding.