Most rooms don’t need acoustical treatment.

Why?  Because acoustical treatments presented are in virtually empty rooms. Unrealistic.

my rooms have furniture and clutter.  These rooms don’t really have a need for treatment.  It’s snake oil, voodoo science.  
So why is accoustical panels gonna help?  No one can answer this, most have no clue.
jumia
When you furnish your room, when you put curtains on the windows and decide on cloth furniture instead of leather, when you put up shelves and install rugs or carpet, you are acoustically treating your room whether you know it or not, whether you think you are or not. As has been said over and over, everything matters. If most rooms don’t need acoustic treatments it’s because most rooms (correctly or incorrectly) already are.
You can make it more or less acceptable but if you want the best sound you got to treat the room, though I call it to tune the room. Sounds more correctly, less mechanical. Room as a musical instrument. 
Millercarbon- What does “As soon as we move from the hypothetical home of the scoundrel to the particular home of the individual then acoustic treatment can suddenly matter a lot.”

On what planet do you exist? Why was it important to include the word “scoundrel”? Are you trying to come off as some kind of “Audio Sage”

I have recently purchased 2 GIK Bass Traps; the difference in sound is amazing.