Which turntable

Recently thinking I new what I was doing it seems that I messed up my turntable. I was reriwing the whole tonearm as the wires had broken . So I sent out to project for a new set of tonearm wiring .
When I took a good look at the tonearm and wiring I noticed that the wiring would have to go threw a set of holes where the only way to get the wiring threw those holes was to disassemble the whole tonearm 
After disassembly and with the new tonearm cables at hand believe you me just to get those cables threw the tonearm tube was a project by itself . I finally did it but now I had to get it threw a hole in one of the round gimbals and the adjust the bearings afterward which required a special tool which I did not have .
Well... At that point I realized I was over my head and there was no way I would be able the wire the tonearm let alone put it back together . The turntable is a 1 expression 2 . Had it for many year. 
Now I've got to buy me another turntable but no way I'm going to be cash capable of getting something as good as what I had . What would you guys recommend ? Was considering a project Debut carbon Evo or a Rega 1 or 2. 
I would buy me another tonearm but I would not know what to consider as I know nothing on the tecnacalities of putting a tonearm on my plinth . What fits...what doesn't ...
To make things worst I've got advance lung cancer so don't have a lot if time left even tought I'm stable right now receiving quimio but keep on playing with our hobby...keeps my mind ocuppied ...HELP!!!!!!

mcmvmx
Well my cartridge.mounting skills are not that bad the tonearm is of the plinth completely disassemble . After I dissambled it was when I realized that I couldn't put it back together so a turntable without a tonearm is nothing . Anyone know of a proper tonearm that might fit on my plinth ?The tonearm is Projects 8.6 inch carbon fiber that comes with the turntable called the 1 expression 2
Get the Project 1 mentioned in elliottbnewcombjr's post above. $299 + free shipping! This is a good deal!