Full circle and thinking about speakers

This all started a couple of months ago by buying a pair of old B&W DM305 speakers and i'm completely new to all of this..
Then a  Rogue Cronus, Nottingham TT w/ a Lyra Cart. Waiting for an EAR phono stage to arrive Monday.
On the digital side - a Pro-ject streamer and Schitt DAC (place holder but it all sounds very decent).
So now I'm back to the speakers, cables and interconnects. I would like something at a level with the other gear - not that the B&W's are bad, they just aren't great.
What I like about the B&W's: clear detailed and focused.
What I don't like: At times the highs are glaringly high and when I expect there to be gobs of bass, there just isn't any to speak of. Jazz trios and quartets sound pretty awesome.  Rock not as good.
Condo life, which means my listening level is on the low side. Wall moving bass is probably not what I am looking for.
Listening space: The room is 14' x 25' and I haven't settled on which direction to arrange speakers. Currently they are projecting across the 14' width. That may very well change.
Any recommendations of where to start the search are highly welcomed. Speaker types, specs etc...as I know very little.
Let's say under 2K and used is fine if it gets me to a higher level.
Thanks  all
smaarch1
Have you considered a sub? I know It seems off topic but hear me out. I just bought a REL sub and I couldn't believe it but the highs sounded more sparkling and detailed than before. The midrange sounded more fleshed out and the bass is so textured and tight and nuanced. They made my speakers sound way better than they deserve to. I love my Enzos but with that sub blended in so seamlessly it was really surprising. Maybe you should consider trying out a REL sub like a T/7i and see if that doesn't make the BWs sound better? I hear SVS is good too but I have no experience with them.
Thanks for more comments. So here’s an update. This weekend I’ll focus on arranging the space for a more appropriate listening/spatial experience. Should be fun and I know well what I want to do.
I’ve become interested in a few speakers since I posted this and doing my research. Taken by what I have read about Pearl Acoustic Sibelius full range single drivers. I like the simplicity and thee design approach - they make sense to me.
However after talking with some knowledgeable friends, my thoughts have shifted a bit to two way floor standers. Specifically looking at Totem Hawks and a few others.
Called an Audio place who happens to be a Rogue and Totem dealer. He invited me up to listen to a used pair of Totem Hawks thru the same Rogue amp.
I’d like to keep it simple and without multiple drivers, the complex crossovers that come with them, or subwoofers. Maybe not rational but an aesthetic thing i suppose?
I have to say I’m really intrigued by the Pearl Acoustics.....and single drivers in general.
Any thoughts on full range single drivers are welcome!
In the meantime I’m simply enjoying what I have - It sounds fairly awesome already.
@buckheadmacc - thanks for the suggestion and the well wishes
The latest issue of TAS, The Absolute Sound, lists all their recommended components in different price points. Could be worth reading.
@smaarch1 - if you ever want to crank up the volume without bothering your neighbors, perhaps a quality earphone/headphone?  Like at the end of a stressful day, sometimes it's nice to get lost in louder music provided it's not so loud it damages our hearing.  
I recommend used Legacy Signature IIIs which are usually $1600 to $2200.  94db efficient and 4 ohm but not much lower so easy to drive.  They are super dynamic with deep, punchy bass (3-10" woofers) with ambiance rear tweeter (opens up your room) and four way/four switch adjustments (ribbon supertweeter, soft dome tweeter, dual kevlar mids).  Great on rock and classical quartets, vocals and jazz.   I would also try to find a used Harbeth 30 or 40 series in your price range.   Low efficiency but 8 ohm+ impedance make it sound great with many amps.   Superb mids and can play dynamic rock and the most beautiful vocals.   I like Maggies, but not as an everything speaker.