Cheap hearing aids?

I'm thinking of trying non prescription items . Anyone w experience?
ptss
Those cheap non prescription hearing aids sound worse than the tin can telephones we used to make as kids. 
You may want to look into Simplicity Hi Fi 270 by General Hearing.  They are analog, designed for musicians, and have a 60 day return policy.  I used them for a few years until I moved on to more expensive Widex digital hearing aids.
Thanks very much to all. I'll check on  canal size. Also @mlg  which Widex do you like?
Cheers.
I just got the Widex Moment 440. It's like I upgraded my speakers. They are expensive. You need to get with audiologist.
ptss, I have the Widex Evoke 440.  They have programs for your phone that include an equilizer and volume for each ear that are adjustable as you listen, to fine tune them for music.  At the time I purchased them 18 months ago, my research indicated they had among the widest frequency range and among the widest dynamics.  I got an audiogram from a local audiologist, sent it to Hearsource.com where I purchased them, and saved a couple thousand dollars on the price of buying them locally.  Hearsource can also give you free periodic checkups and re-program them remotely as your hearing changes.  I have no connection to them except a satisfied client.