Mark Levinson - refurbish or start fresh

I have a couple of old Levinson pieces...335 amplifier and 380S preamp (and also a 39 CD) that have been in service since 2000 or so...almost always on for the duration...and reliable performance until the 335 went flat.  Technetron is Levinson certified and will fix/refresh the amp...cost dependent on whether they have to replace the large caps.  They could also refresh/refurbish the 380S...but it wasn't clear to me that it makes sense to mess with it until it fails.  (Perhaps it is failing, but gradually so that I haven't noticed.). 

I'm interested in the pros and cons of fixing/refurbishing vs going back out on the market for newer equipment, whether Levinson or otherwise.  Thoughts on either piece welcome.
Ag insider logo xs@2xdorrman8
These pieces are at the end of the road and are very old i would go for new equipment and not invest more money in them.
If it was me, and I was  happy with the sound, and it's significantly cheaper to have them basically refurbished than to buy new, I would have them brought back up to spec.  But that's just me. 
That 380s is to this day still an outstanding pre-amp.  I would definitely keep it.  I would have it checked out to see if it is operating within spec, but, it is definitely a keeper.

As for the amp, unless you have in your possession or heard in your system an amp that outperforms that amp, I would get it repaired and replace the caps.  

enjoy