Raven vs primaluna integrated amplifiers

I have a pair of tannoy XT6F’s and I’m looking to pair them with a tube amplifier. I was originally looking at the primaluna evo 100 or 200 but the idea of spending that kind of money on a product made in China turns me off a bit. I recently looked into raven audio’s nighthawk mk3 and it’s definitely got me intrigued. Any thoughts or input on this pairing would be awesome. I’m open to other suggestions as well. I’d like to stay under $3000.
thank you
james1911
@glupson We own a vacation home is St. Anne Bay Jamaica that we rent. I also own 2 homes in Florida and one in Colorado. They are all vacation rentals as we rent them out when we are not using them.

Guess that is hard to get your head around?

Later Gulp.

Punk.
raven may well be a very well built, good sounding tube amp

clearly there are a few, maybe more than a few, let’s say ’vocal’ supporters of the brand here on this forum

but i have say, the folks who are coming to bat for the brand seem to walk a fine line towards turning other people off... perhaps not in what they are saying, but certainly how they are saying it - don’t think that benefits the amps nor the company - perhaps a 'less is more' approach would be more beneficial...

one day i may try a raven amp, for the present i am quite happy now with my vac, audio research, linear tube audio, audio mirror set tube amps (and a primaluna d-hp)... but maybe one day...

as for primaluna, there is a recent thread about the brand, their amps... they are popular, offer very good value for the money and sound very good, with a notable style of sound... much of the criticisms levied need to be taken with a grain of salt
Also rarely do you ever see a Raven listed here on Agon, US Audio-mart or EBay. But tones of PL gear in the used market.
people buy Raven Audio and keep it.

Good one, thanks for the reminder. This is another one on my long list of things to research before spending my hard earned dough. Lots of guys seem to think a large discount off full retail is a good deal. They forget no deal is good unless at the end of it you have the right component.

When I went looking for my phono stage the first thing I did after deciding on Herron was go looking for one used. There were none. At first I was disappointed. But then after 6 months during which zero were listed but TWO were listed as WANTED, I realized what this meant: all those owner comments about being done looking were for real.  

So it concerned me when someone posted a comment about a Raven amp selling for cheap. But then when I went and looked that amp turned out to be ten years or something like that old, not the current generation, and the price was actually pretty strong, all things considered.

Now it pains me to have to say this, but just as a matter of pure logic saying something positive about A is not the same as saying something negative about not-A. Seems pretty obvious and few of us make it out of grade school without picking up on this, or by high school for sure, even without any courses in deductive reasoning. But a disproportionately large number of them do seem to wind up posting a lot on this site. So there you go.

Arafiq-I also posted my impressions on SQ. looks like some folks are fixated on MC.
+1 Ozzy

While it is regrettable how many threads are ruined by the wanna-bee Ahabs out there, even so I take pride and satisfaction at being their Great White Whale. I only regret that this being the internet they get to pretend their mast isn't broken, their ship not sunk. They remain legend... in their own minds.

Prima Luna is made by Cayin. A very large, respected Chinese electronics manufacturer. Personally, I would by American. Raven all the way. No dig on China, but if the sound is similar, go raven.