Raven vs primaluna integrated amplifiers

I have a pair of tannoy XT6F’s and I’m looking to pair them with a tube amplifier. I was originally looking at the primaluna evo 100 or 200 but the idea of spending that kind of money on a product made in China turns me off a bit. I recently looked into raven audio’s nighthawk mk3 and it’s definitely got me intrigued. Any thoughts or input on this pairing would be awesome. I’m open to other suggestions as well. I’d like to stay under $3000.
thank you
james1911
I'd definitely recommend the Raven as others have stated above. Excellent reviews etc.
These are the worst subject threads:
PL vs whoever.

No doubt the USA Raven is good stuff without hearing it. As a PL owner however, I can say the Dialogue series or newer will easily drive those XT6's. I've heard those and the XT8's extensively when they came out.

You can pick apart and do the Raven vs PL audiophool spec thing, but if you're going to just enjoy listening to music the PL won't disappoint. Of course its a subjective thing, but using the "it's made in China" reasoning is dumb. 

YOUR TANNOYS ARE MADE IN CHINA! A good chance the majority of your other gear is also, deny if you choose.

There is plenty of PL praise here and elsewhere. If you can find a dialogue series used, it will do the deed.
I'm as excited as I can get (at this stage of life)! My Nighthawk arrives next Thursday!! Whoop whoop!
@tablejockey,
You’re correct, this stuff is pure subjectivity and how could it be otherwise? At the OP’s budget point he has viable options and certainly that includes Raven Audio and Prima Luna (Both definitely have their fan base). OP is seeking suggestions thus my bringing the Luxman to his attention.

It’s good to have awareness as to what is available within a targeted price point. Then it’s a matter of individual due diligence. No consensus will ever be reached in regard to what’s the best, too subjective 😀.
Charles

I listened to a Raven Audio Osprey and Primaluna Dialog Premium HP a few months ago on the same day, same equipment. Truth be told they're more similar than different. Both have excellent dynamics as far as tube amps go, very clear sound, and you get the holographic three dimensional sound without being overly lush or warm. So from an SQ perspective, it's a wash. Now when it comes to looks, the Raven Audio looks much better to me, and yes I know its very subjective.

For me the choice was clear. If the price and sound quality are on par, why not spend your money to support a local business (Dave and James of Raven are fellow Texans). Because Raven bypasses the middleman, a better portion of the cost goes towards parts and craftsmanship. I eventually bought the Blackhawk MK3 and have enjoyed it very much in the 3 months that I've owned it. BTW, don't let the 20 watts output fool you. It plays as loud, but with more refinement and control, than my previous amp, the 100 watt Cronus Magnum II. Having said that, let's be real -- it's not a giant killer. It does very well within it's own price bracket but no, it's not going to better a tube amp costing $10k. I briefly had an Audio Research GSi75 in the house and compared it to the Blackhawk. Sorry, not even close! I ended up selling it for other reasons but still miss it to date.