Teac NT-505 on Closeout by Walmart

There was some discussion tonight on Audiogon about this streamer/DAC.

‘’Walmart is currently closing it out (in black) for $1,199.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/TEAC-NT-505-Reference-Series-Dual-monaural-USB-DAC-Network-Player-Black/1...

As always, YMMV. 😎

128x128vinyl_rules
@big_greg

Will do. I may be asking advice when I get it setup and gain understanding of its functions. It seems to get very good reviews, Seems that the biggest challenge is in finding the software that's easiest for the end user to understand. 
@artemus_5 Happy to help if I can.  I use Android - the Lumin app is what I would recommend, or BubbleUpNp.  I prefer BubbleUpNp, the interface on the Lumin app is not as intuitive.  There should also be a Lumin app for iphone, but BubbleUpNp is Android only.
@big_greg

I assume that  the quality of the coax cable running from my cdp to the Teac streamers Dac is important? Is that correct? It will be interesting to see IF the Teac DAC is better than the Theta Miles DAC. Looking at the Pangea XL & the Audio Envy. I have Pangea Power cords now but want to try the Audio Envy. $129 &
$149  respectively. They have  30 & 45 day return. Any other recommendations? Thanks
@artemus_5 I'm probably not the best person to ask about cables. I'm not using the DAC in the TEAC for anything other than the streamer, so no cable to the DAC. I'm not one that hears big differences in cables, other than a few that I've tried that made my system sound noticeably worse. I tend to focus more on function - will it connect securely, be the right length, have the right connectors, etc. Hopefully someone else can chime in. I don't have any experience with either of the cables you mentioned.

Maybe buy them both, return the one you like less?