Teac NT-505 on Closeout by Walmart

There was some discussion tonight on Audiogon about this streamer/DAC.

‘’Walmart is currently closing it out (in black) for $1,199.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/TEAC-NT-505-Reference-Series-Dual-monaural-USB-DAC-Network-Player-Black/1...

As always, YMMV. 😎

128x128vinyl_rules

Showing 3 responses by artemus_5

Thanks for the heads up. Looked at it Fri night but couldn't decide. (it wasn't on my short list) then they sold them all. Apparently they found one more & I Just ordered the last one today. Started to go for the open box on Epay but didn't make up my mind till it was gone. So I got the privilege of paying sales tax ($114) Oh well. I'll call it an early birthday present which will bring me to the big seven oh!! My first streamer/Dac. Though I bought my 1st computer 30 yrs ago, I figured I'd better get something soon while I can still learn it. Golden years are a bonafide Trip!! Thanks @big_greg. You were a great help understanding & search some time back.  
@big_greg

Will do. I may be asking advice when I get it setup and gain understanding of its functions. It seems to get very good reviews, Seems that the biggest challenge is in finding the software that's easiest for the end user to understand. 
@big_greg

I assume that  the quality of the coax cable running from my cdp to the Teac streamers Dac is important? Is that correct? It will be interesting to see IF the Teac DAC is better than the Theta Miles DAC. Looking at the Pangea XL & the Audio Envy. I have Pangea Power cords now but want to try the Audio Envy. $129 &
$149  respectively. They have  30 & 45 day return. Any other recommendations? Thanks