CD Player vs. music streaming

Dear audiophiles:

I am in the cross road for the media choice.  My CD player suffered from abnormal tray movement and consider to replace a new one (maybe the 2nd hand one).  But on last Sunday, I paid a visit to the audio show and find out there are showing many streaming player of the famous brands with  the price range of US$ 5000~20,000.  I feel the sound is not bad with short listening. 

I am thinking about my situation once more, if I buy a HI-Fi CD player, the price might equal to the audio streamer.  Then, if I choose the CD player, I would keep on buying CD. But if I give up CD player and replace it with a audio streamer, my expense might be the monthly subscription expense which cost a CD or so.  Besides,
my kids have no interest in classical music appreciation. There is no meaning for me to keep on buying CD. When I  am passed away, the CD are useless...without not penny. 

Under such kind of   consideration, should I stay in CD player or should I switch to music streamer. 
Any good opinion?
faust168
mozartfan

which cd player do you currently own?
Which cd player will you add to the collection next month?

Happy Listening!
I wonder why the fuss about streaming vs CDs. Sonically, assuming comparable equipment, the difference is not great.  For me it’s a Lifestyle issue.  If you are tired of storing thousands of CDs, or changing a disc every hour or so, or if you have a streaming service that fills your needs, go for it.  Otoh, I listen primarily to Classical, and sometimes it’s easier to find the music I want by reaching on the shelves than trying to figure out where in my streaming library the music is hidden.  And my CDP doesn’t require me to update before I can listen, and it isn’t dependent upon a frequently crashing web site for access 
2 bits:
dumbfounded by the gobbledy gook techno speak required to approach streaming, nonetheless I journeyed to a high end crazy money dealer near Juneau to listen to a good streamer, and he commenced to fumbling with his streamer/tablet [he was not wearing his mittens] and I had my audio geek epiphany: I am not going into streaming ever.
Maybe a very good streamer system can stomp my Naim CDS3/XPS2 which is on the same level musically as was my old toe tapping LP12/Ekos/Archiv/Mana, but I switched to CD for its greater convenience. ANY CD player is FAR easier to run than any LP or streamer system and with CDs so cheap, CDs are way more cost effective.
A top end streamer delivers excellent sound quality, yes it does take more setup knowledge and often more components and hassle to get it to sound its very best compared to a top end CDP, but both have their place in a good system.

I have a reasonable set up with both and both deliver great sound quality and a different service. I also have a reasonable analogue system as well and I enjoy playing music through each deliver system and again all have their place.

Out of the CDP and Streamer which delivers the best sq? To my ears still the CDP, or in my case the PS Audio SACD transport is hard to beat. My streamer system is Innuos Zenith Mk3 with a Phoenix reclocker and with the latest 1.8 version of Roon it is extremely good. But where the streamer leaves the CDP behind is in finding new music, which is often more enjoyable than just playing the old favourites on CD.

If funds are not such an issue then having both is a no brainer. Before anyone comments about how different dacs would make a difference in my preference both my SACD Transport and Streamer play through the same Mola Mola Dac so the Dac is not a factor.

regards,
Terry