Sota or Technics

Hello all, first time post here. 
I am in the market for a new TT under 2k. I've narrowed it down to the Sota Comet and the Technics 1200GR.
Going to use a $300 to $500 MM cart. 
System consists of NAD533 TT (currently). NAD pre amp, Cambridge Phono pre amp, Mac 240 amp, TDL compact monitors. 
Sota i like as it uses the 330 tonearm, is built in the states, solid rep, solid support, is pleasing to the eye.
Technics I like as it's built like a tank, seems more plug and play has a good rep and looks good too. (more bells and whistles, both positive and negatives there)
Obviously they are different in some ways. Direct drive vs belt etc..
Was wondering if anyone had an opinion either way on either deck. Greatly appreciate any feedback.
Thank you
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xdoyle3433
Dear @doyle3433 : Both are good TTs but if I was you and with out doubt I will go for the Technics and not for the GR but this one that comes with a magnesium way better tonearm and coreless motor too:

https://www.technics.com/us/products/grand-class/direct-drive-turntable-system-sl-1200g.html

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.

I'd love to mate the two together, SOTA with it beautifully crafted wooden plinth and the Technics statement 1200g.
My friend owns the Technics 1210GR and he highly recommends it!  @rauliruegas Why would you recommend the 1200G when the OP has a budget under 2 grand?
Maybe he could stretch his budget, the magnesium tonearm is worth to have it.

R.