Luxman releasing a MC cart in Japan

For the first time in 40 years Luxman is releasing in March the LMC-5 MC cart. The last carts Luxman made was in 1981 the LMC-1 and 1982 the LMC-2. It has a Shibata Diamond needle. Price 230,000 yen convert that to USD about $2100. Curious did anyone use the Luxman LMC-1 or 2. What were they like?
luxmancl38
I have a Luxman PD-171A TT w/a new current Dynavector Karat 17 DX. Works well w/the Luxman CL38 tube phono. I would assume this cart would be compatible w/Luxman phono preamps. Maybe Luxman USA will have some info. Luxman is rolling out a lot of new gear over the last few years. Also nice upgrades on their established products.
luxman, Since the LMC1 is said by Raul to have an output of 0.1mV, it probably requires a SUT to work well with any of the Luxman phonopreamps I know about.  And perhaps some of those do have built in SUTs adequate to the task.  But you would need a voltage gain greater than the typical 1:10, for most MM inputs.  We are talking about matching a nearly 30 year old cartridge to a brand new phono stage, I guess.  Raul could probably say whether Luxman made a special SUT for the LMC1, back in the day, just as Ortofon made a special SUT (T2000) for its very LOMC cartridge, the MC2000 (.05mV).
According to the info the cart is rated a .04mv.  My Karat 17DX is .03mv. So it should work w/the internal phono on the CL38. The CL38 has 4 SUT's. 2 for MC high and 2 for MC Low.

Dear @lewm  : Yes, exist at least 3 Luxman SUTs: 8025,8020 and 8030 that have different gain.

I owned the phonolinepreamp Luxman C-05 that came with two of those SUTs that are plug-in external to the unit.

Makes a good job but not at the level of the vintage Ortofon or Entré or Technics or Sony.

R.