Luxman releasing a MC cart in Japan

For the first time in 40 years Luxman is releasing in March the LMC-5 MC cart. The last carts Luxman made was in 1981 the LMC-1 and 1982 the LMC-2. It has a Shibata Diamond needle. Price 230,000 yen convert that to USD about $2100. Curious did anyone use the Luxman LMC-1 or 2. What were they like?
luxmancl38
I bet Chakster has some info on those. If you shop the stores in Tokyo, you see Luxman very prominently. The brand is highly regarded and rightfully so.
There's not much info, but it seems LMC-1 and LMC-2 were interesting cartridges. At the time LMC stood for Linear Magnetic-field Coil and not for Luxman Moving Coil as would be the more obvious assumption. Both were low output / low impedance as was the norm in those days. (0.1mV for LMC-1; 0.2mV for LMC-2). The LMC-1 had a line contact tip on sapphire cantilever (from Namiki by the looks of it), LMC-2 a similar tip on a titanium cantilever. I've never figured out who was the designer. Haven't heard either, but would like to some day.

The new LMC-5 looks a bit like the Ortofon A90/95 with the 'hole in the middle'. Based on the limited technical info my guess would be it was designed by Matsudaira San of My Sonic Lab, who does OEM work for various companies, like Air Tight, Accuphase and TechDas. At 230.000 Yen the price of the Luxman is more reasonable than those, at least in Japan. Could be a winner!

Dear @luxmancl38 : I listened several times the LMC-1 because I owned and it's really good performer even for today top standards, it's a very small cartridge ( body ) and it weigths only 5grs.. Good LOMC cartridge if you have the rigth phono stage for that output level of 0.1mV.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.
I have a Luxman PD-171A TT w/a new current Dynavector Karat 17 DX. Works well w/the Luxman CL38 tube phono. I would assume this cart would be compatible w/Luxman phono preamps. Maybe Luxman USA will have some info. Luxman is rolling out a lot of new gear over the last few years. Also nice upgrades on their established products.