rule of thumb: how long do you leave a tube preamp on versus turning it off then back on?

I just upgraded to an Audio Research REF 10 with 12 tubes and I am wondering how to best preserve the tubes. How long sitting turned on is equal to the wear and tear of turning it off then on again? I had a Rogue RP 7 with just four tubes so I didn't worry about this issue so much, I just turned it on when I began to listen then off at the end of the evening. Now I'm wondering where the sweet spot is? Away for a hour, two, three, turn it off when? Am I over-thinking this issue?
128x128wokeuptobose
... When I am done with my listening session, I turn it off, pre amp first, then the power amp. When starting it up, I reverse that sequence and first turn on the amp. Then the pre amp ... and am careful to make sure the same start-up and shut-down sequence is consistently followed.
The best practice is to do just the opposite. If you turn on your preamp first, any noise it might send to the amplifier won't matter, because the amp is turned off. Otherwise, the amp could amplify any turn-on transient. The same applies in reverse - if you power off your amplifier first, any transient that might occur when you turn off the preamp won't be amplified. I realize you're not having any problems in your system, but you might want to rethink your practice anyway.

i agree w cleeds... power amp on last, off first

it has the big power to hurt speakers connected to it if there are any spurious transients introduced by other components turning on or off
+1 cleeds, +1 jjss49

Amps on last, off first.

Waiting 30 seconds between preamp & amp too. Some may wait longer. This seems to work on my tube amps, preamp.
Unlike SS, which can take several hours to sound their best, tubes amps, preamps get there within an hour in general.

My old SS system took 3-4 hours to just start sounding its best...depending on ambient temperature. And this with a tube preamp/SS amp.

An advantage of an all SS system is that you can just leave it on.

I let my tube system warm up for 2 minutes before I listen. Then I don’t worry too much about what record I listen to first. My system (Don Sachs preamp/Evo 400 poweramp) usually hits its stride at the last track on the first side of an LP.

So about 20 minutes for me...not even close to an hour. So I’ll often listen to B side first.

Then off after I’m done listening.

My guess is that you'll naturally figure all this out after some time with your system.

SS takes days to sound its best. Days. With tubes it is more like hours. With records there is the motor. When you hear improvement across the first side of a record, that's why. Try turning it on, spinning the platter an hour or so. There will still be some improvement, but not nearly as much, and starting from a much higher level. The difference is the motor - and controller circuits - being warmed up. 

Follow the rule of thumbing thru
your Owners Manual if they still
provide owners one. My guess
is it has a tube warmer that stays
on regardless. They will say 5-10 minute warm up.
Right?