Totem and Bel Canto?

Right now I have a NAD T747 and a pair of Rainmakers on Atacama stands and I would like to upgrade my sound. I am leaning towards either buy a NAD 275 power amp and running the speakers through that or a Bel Canto Integrated (either the S300iu or C5i). Anyone have experience with either of these? Not sure if it matters but I only have digital material(no cd or vinyl) so I was thinking that the Bel Canto might have the better DAC.
128x128jkontuly
I've owned the NAD T747, and while it is a very nice unit for the price, I think the Bel Canto would outperform it handily. Adding a NAD power amp would do pretty much nothing to improve the sound, as the Rainmakers are relatively easy to drive.

Suggest you give the Bel Canto a listen first, as there are lots of other good choices at that price point. For example, a variety of integrated amps with a separate dac. But as a one box solution, your are thinking in the right direction.
The Bel Canto should very easily beat the NAD. Haven't heard Bel Canto with Totems, so I'm not implying that it'll have a better (or even a good) synergy; just stating Bel Canto is far better overall IMO. Not bashing NAD at all. I've owned a few NAD integrateds over the years and really liked their performance for the dollar. However, Bel Canto is easily a step or two up.

Doesn't mean you'll prefer Bel Canto to NAD either. But I think you'd agree it's better if you heard them both.
The bel canto is a higher league than the NADs. Yes, i had nads and bel canto in my system.
The bel canto are very quiet, smooth & very tube like. The midrange has tube like qualities of being warm & smooth, top end is also very refine.
The NAD is a solid state sounding amp, not that its bad, but the Bel canto is just another level. The Bels are also more refine sounding.