Teac NT-505 on Closeout by Walmart

There was some discussion tonight on Audiogon about this streamer/DAC.

‘’Walmart is currently closing it out (in black) for $1,199.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/TEAC-NT-505-Reference-Series-Dual-monaural-USB-DAC-Network-Player-Black/1...

As always, YMMV. 😎

128x128vinyl_rules
I just checked,  The ad clearly states, "Sold and shipped by Onkyo USA". I really like my Onkyo CD player, and based on its performance, would guess that their integrated amp is pretty good.  Did they make the TEAC?
I cannot imagine Walmart has ever sold that, but they do allow other companies to run ads on their site. Look at the bottom of the ad, an it will surely say that another company is selling it.
I posted this earlier in the thread:

"The units being sold on Walmart are brand new ones (not open box) direct from Onkyo, which owns TEAC. There are currently 7 left."

@gvrana That is correct.  The DAC is excellent, but you are limited to the DAC in the NT-505.

This unit doesn't appear to have digital audio out to connect your own DAC. Is that correct?

For a period of time Onkyo USA was appointed the Teac distributor for the US when Teac didn’t want to do it themselves. These units are ones that they probably had in their warehouse when the agreement ended. During the Summer they were selling the UD-505 DAC through the Walmart Website for $899 which like this was half off. The integrated amp from this series is based on an NCore module and has gotten good reviews in the European press. Onkyo has nothing to do with the production of Teac models.