Looking for a new phono preamp

Hi,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Here's the deal. I'd like to find a new phono preamp. I'd prefer solid state, tubes get noisy too fast. My latest cartridge is an AT-ART9XA. I'm currently running thru a sut into a cj pv10a with phono stage, but I have just got my hands on a Bel Canto pre5 that the new phono pre will be paired with.

I've got a hard upper limit of $2.5k, less is OK for the right unit. I'm looking to buy new. Dealers around me aren't really set up to demo vinyl, so I'm hoping the collective experience in here can at least point me in the right direction. Hopefully, it would have a one month return policy so I can try out the preamp.

TIA.

PsychoicReaction
psychoticreaction
The PS Audio is fantastic.  I owned one.  Moved up recently, but I made a huge leap.  For $2.5k, and I say this after 8 different phonostages in as many years, I think it’s a no-brainer.  They do have the 30 day return policy you mention.  
@mijostyn   Dogmatic as ever.  Now you can choose phono amps without listening.  Worse you advise others on that basis.  No worry, they are sure to see through you.

As to airplanes, lucky you weren't on the two Boeing 737 Maxes that crashed, killing all their passengers.  Modern designs are very complicated and not always clever.  They were brought down by idiot software programmers.  Give me the DC4 with pilots any day if I want to stay alive.  Worse, Boeing would have carried on flying them if governments hadn't stopped them.  No doubt Boeing thought they were better because they were modern.  Ho hum.
+1 Herron 
love love love mine
handle any cartridge
deadquiet
built well
Keith is a gem
Thanks everyone for the responses.  I am looking into all your suggestions. 

As for the life of tubes, I listen to the system roughly 10 hours a day, a bit less on weekends.  My listening room doubles as an office, and I work from home almost exclusively.  This puts over 2000 hours a year on the tubes.  I have not completely ruled out tubes, but I would prefer ss.

One other thing I'd like to add is that I'm getting more interested in finding a unit with balanced outputs. 

Right now, the way my listening room is set up, the turntable is behind one of the Maggies.  I'd like to be able to locate the turntable in another area of the room.  That would involve moving it approximately 15 feet from where it is now.

That also means a cable run of approximately 35 feet (thru the wall, over the ceiling, and down to the equipment rack.  I'm thinking that balanced is the way to go if I decide to make that happen.
If your parameters for a phono preamp are solid state and budget $2500, then I can’t say enough great accolades about Logan “Ron” Sutherland and his designs which at that price point would be the 20/20 with the upgraded separate LPS.  
No bs, no fancy lights or other LED screens (it doesn’t even have a power on/off switch), just great engineering according to the experts and my experience- the quietest phonostage I've ever owned  which is his main focus.  And he is always a phone call away almost 24/7. Btw, he’s the Logan in Martin Logan but that was another life and all he does now is design and build phonostages.