Rogue Perseus Magnum / Bel Canto Ref1000

Current System:
Speakers: Gallo Reference 3.5
Preamp: Rogue Audio Perseus Magnum
Power Amp: Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks

Quite happy with the sound of my current setup, but due to space constraints, I’m going to have to downgrade the M-120s to something that takes up a little less real estate.

Is anyone able to advise if if the Bel Canto ref1000 would be a good match with the Perseus mangnum preamp?  I’ve never mixed a tube pre preamp with solid state power amps before, but was hoping the Perseus would keep some of the tube sound I’ve grown to love, while greatly reducing the footprint I currently have with the M-120s.  
Outside of not being able to utilize the XLR connections on the ref1000s are there any technical issues I should be aware of?  
Asking about the ref1000s specifically because I was offered an excellent deal semi-locally, but probably would not be able to give them a test run prior to purchase. 

http://www.rogueaudio.com/Products_Perseus.htm

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
sinner
The thought did cross my mind... I actually live in the general vicinity of the Rogue factory and last year, pre-pandemic, I actually went down to the factory to get some new caps installed on the M-120s and got to give a listen to some of the integrated amps.  
The rogue integrated amps sounded excellent, however the main reason I am leaning solid state now is I’m hoping to get a bit more thump out of the gallos in the bass department.
Check output impedance specification of that specific tube pre-amp, but in general, you will likely be much better served with the ref1000m version of those amps ( BC added input stage, 100Kohm input impedance rather than 10Kohm with older ref1000 which is stock Icepower only) for good results with a tube pre-amp (higher output impedance than SS).

Good results meaning lower distortion which improves detail, dynamics, imaging, soundstage, the whole 9 yards!

I run Audio Research sp 16 tube pre-amp to BEl Canto ref1000m monoblock amps. That is a match made in heaven!

As a pre-caution, I would not use any SS amp with less than 40-60Kohm input impedance with any tube pre-amp.

There are other newer Class D amps out there that would likely provide that at prices more competitive with old ref1000. ref1000m used still tend to fetch a good resale price, possibly over $3K.

But I would worry first about getting the right impedance match between pre-amp and amp before cost. If that is not done right the cost of the amp will not matter. You will likely achieve well less than optimal performance.

@thecarpathian,

i have a parasoud a21+ which pairs really well with the rogue preamps, the new a23+ is similar in tone and also improved over the previous model.  it is my keeper amp.  
an alternative would be the rogue audio hydra but i have no experience with it.