Sound Quality of red book CDs vs.streaming

I’ve found that the SQ of my red book CDs exceeds that of streaming using the identical recordings for comparison. (I’m not including hi res technology here.)
I would like to stop buying CDs, save money, and just stream, but I really find I enjoy the CDs more because of the better overall sonic performance.
 I stream with Chromecast Audio using  the same DAC (Schiit Gumby) as I play CDs through.
I’m wondering if others have had the same experience
128x128rvpiano

Dealers are not making the profit margin on the few new "good cd only transports", that they can make on the multitude of streamers out there.

Whenever a streamer (doesn’t matter what) comes to my place for an a/b shootout, it can’t match the CD transports dynamic range, using the same MSB discrete dac level matched, this is as I’ve mostly stated, different compressed releases being streamed, as my cd’s are the best DR ones released (usually the first), http://dr.loudness-war.info/ or it "maybe" that the streaming company compresses to stream.

But if the CD with transport is recorded to a streamers H/D then replayed that’s another story, it’s a lot closer, almost undetectable.

Cheers George
rvpiano

Nice! I am auditioning cabling to round out my system.
The Audio journey has been an outstanding experience.

Happy Listening!
lalitk, you are pushing a rope trying to talk to people who have ignorant dogmatic ways. Some people just can't accept things they don't understand.
What generation Esoteric are you referring to?? 20K doesn't buy you TOTL and Im guessing your experience is with one that still used chips. Hell the MSRP on the Clock alone is 30K-ish.  Ive ONLY heard streamers when going over to listen to other peoples systems for your info. Ive spent north of 300K in the past 2-3 years on my gear alone and if streaming could come close to a 70K-80K Spinner/Clock combo I WOULD certainly pick one up. I could use the extra space.
@audio2design,

I know, sadly some of these folks are just stuck in their ways. They shamelessly continue to peddle their archaic experiences. One of them here listens to Spotify and then make ‘noise’ about compression 😂

“put up the Spotify links showing they have the best DR versions also "with the catalogue number" so we can check it on the DR website.?”

And then those who makes ridiculously outlandish claims like “if streaming could come close to a 70K-80K spinner clock combo”.

They have obviously never heard a system consist of Aurender W20SE, Taiko Extreme or Pinkfaun 2.16 Ultra with MSB, Vivaldi or EMM Labs DAC’s.