The guru on fuses:

For two years, I have asked why and how fuses could possibly matter. All I got was arguments of faith, pro or con. I needed a real audio guru who actually knows. Here is a link from John Curl’s discussion on Parasound’s website. He engineered and designed some some great equipment, including some Mark Levinson gear, The Grateful Dead’s 30 plus McIntosh amp powered Wall of Sound, and his admittedly, somewhat price compromised Parasound designs. He discusses the electrical properties of standard fuses, showing how they are compromised. The entire article is quite enlightening, but to skip to the fuse section, go to the bottom half of page 6. https://www.parasound.com/pdfs/JCinterview.pdf

128x128danvignau
audio2design, now you're down there with good ol' Georgie, in that rarified mud. Your two can be bunkmates. Feels like home, doesn't it?

All the best,
Nonoise
02-13-2021 5:12pmSo tweak, was that a ceramic magnet? Neodymium? Nickel coated? Stainless steel coated? 5*25? 1/4x1-1/4? But more importantly why do you hate children so much? Mom! Grandpa’s making us do weird stuff again!!! Do we have to go?
Neo n45..nickle plated ..gold plated would be better because of its lower shear velocity..you guys should study up on material science and how shear velocity is a major part of all material sounds.
Good luck. Tom

• I am thinking your knowledge of materials is plating deep. That would be evident in using the same material terms no matter the topic. Have at it with mahgister and his embeddings.