A system for my college-bound daughter

UGHH!!! Usually, the thought of creating a new system would be fun, but it's my daughter, and this time it's not. 

Sources wanted: Turntable, CDs, Airplay Streaming

Cost: Would be nice to keep under $1K, certainly under $1,500 (true… that's less than the cost of a cartridge in my main turntable). Way less is fine and encouraged, but I don't want to buy her crap and have her go down the wrong road.

Why I'm finding this hard: WAF but at an even higher level (Teen Acceptance Factor!). She likes the way Crosley looks, but even she admits the sound is crap. Hmm, Peachtree might work. I used to have Peachtree Nova. It was overrated, but it would be a fine start for her. The only thing is that the one with integrated wireless would consume most of the cost, leaving little for speakers and a turntable (I'm sure I could get a cheap solution for playing CDs).  

128x128intermediatic
I enjoyed all the responses and it made me recall I my 1971 college dorm system, hand me downs from my dad mostly....
Sherwood S-8000 IV receiver (tubes)
Dual 1009, probably a Shure M44 cart
Electro-Voice bookshelves bought new on a close out for less than $100.
Tandberg 12 RTR with muddy audio on 1 channel.

i didn’t replace until 1974, speakers stayed with me until 1977.
Skipped the Project, had a better idea. Rega Planar 1, set up by Nick at Audio Connection. It’s a really nice turntable for the money. The PS Audio Sprout is very nice. I’m not 100% on the Elacs, they seem a bit bass heavy (no, it’s not the bass boost on the Sprout and *weirdly* I like it better when the bass boost is on) but I haven’t heard of many college students who complain about too much bass. I suggested she take a pair of my B&W P7s, which she thought might be ok after all. The system is hit with her, now we just have to figure out what to put it on in her (current) room.

Thanks for all your help!