Magico owners S1Mk 2

I have interest in these particularly for their apparent(from reviews) extended and maybe somewhat prominent treble response. Would like ONLY Magico owners of said model to comment on this. At 64 my hearing could use some treble boost. 
Also I have to admit that 18k list seems high for the overall package. What qualities are unique to them to justify the price? The reviews are naturally quite good but real owners opinions are much more important. Also due to location I have zero ability to audition. Thanks in advance for potential comments.
Can't say I have heard anything "chesty" in them.  That being said, lean is not a word I would use but they were being driven by 450w amps.  A buddy of mine has s5 mkiis and he is convinced that Magicos can't have too much headroom and the more power you give them, the more alive and open they become.   If you can give them 1000w, go for it.  

Lean might also come from the fact that the soundstage is tall and wide, but to me lacked depth.  That could be an unfair comparison because in that same demo I was comparing to Scansonic MB6s and Kaiser Chiaras which have incredibly wide and deep soundstages.  I am somewhat soundstage obsessed in terms of wanting an immersive experience.  With the S1 MKiis it seemed like music was being presented too me rather than enveloping me which was a stark contract to the Scansonics and Kaisers.  

I will say that in terms of placement, I have not played with them in a room myself and when I did hear them, they were a good 7-10 ft off the back wall and 4-5 feet from each sidewall.   Placement could be an issue, I can't answer that though.  
hearing is good but i know highs are softer than i recall from a year or two ago. treble on auto/home theatre all cranked up. plus i admit to valuing clarity and high frequency sheen very much. This should be the S1’s calling card.
really to me it’s about the tweeter difference between A series vs S series. seems to be a consensus that A series is somewhat softer/darker on top otherwise A series looks to be more speaker for less $
I have to concur with you in terms of value. The S1 Mk II to me will always be a curious beast to me.  Buy it if you absolutely fall in love with the sound and requirements.  Otherwise, the A looks like a better place to look.