Magico owners S1Mk 2

I have interest in these particularly for their apparent(from reviews) extended and maybe somewhat prominent treble response. Would like ONLY Magico owners of said model to comment on this. At 64 my hearing could use some treble boost. 
Also I have to admit that 18k list seems high for the overall package. What qualities are unique to them to justify the price? The reviews are naturally quite good but real owners opinions are much more important. Also due to location I have zero ability to audition. Thanks in advance for potential comments.

Showing 8 responses by 4425

no need for contention. i appreciate erik’s comments. the only thing that seems weird is this incredibly built non resonant cabinet sounding chesty or maybe with too much mid bass. It’s not ported and only has a 7” mid/bass driver. it seems incongruent but you hear what your hear. 
really to me it’s about the tweeter difference between A series vs S series. seems to be a consensus that A series is somewhat softer/darker on top otherwise A series looks to be more speaker for less $
hearing is good but i know highs are softer than i recall from a year or two ago. treble on auto/home theatre all cranked up. plus i admit to valuing clarity and high frequency sheen very much. This should be the S1’s calling card.
excellent description. thanks. would you describe them as lean or was there some bass weight within their limits? 
Talk about price disparity. The S1 mk1 used can be had around $5000 whereas the Mk 2 lists for 18k. I haven’t seen any Mk 2’s on the used market. There were several upgrades for the. Mk 2’s but surely the Mk 1 will share a similar sound. I would think that the newer tweeter on the mk2 would be a meaningful improvement but i don’t know this. FWIW