Question on VTF (What should i adjust it to?)

Hi Everyone,

As I continue to proceed down the sinkhole that is Analog Audio.  I was checking the specs on the Cartridge and they specify a range of .3g as what is right.

Me being really analytical and obsessed with what is right, where should one start on setting their VTF to?  I split the baby in the middle and added .15g to the min and have it had it that way since. But now I am thinking should i move it up or move it down?  What should i hear with over and under proper value tracking force?

Thanks as always for the help,

K
kro77
I bet you will not detect any difference between 1.3 - 1.6 tracking force by ears. 

Would you like to tell us what is your cartridge after all ?
Just set the tracking force to the middle of the range and forget it. So if it specifies between say 1.75 and 2.0 grams, set it at 1.9. Use a good quality digital scale, not the cheap crap off eBay. Also, make certain you balanced your tonearm first. When balanced and floating parallel to platter or record, you are at zero tracking force. I would also recommend a cheap USB microscope. They are terrific for really dialing in your alignment. Hook it up to a lap top computer and the stylus appears larger than life and you can adjust the VTA much easier etc.
@noromance , The Decca is not a cartridge. It is a chisel. Don't expect it to act like a normal cartridge.

@lewm , no doubt. There are many biases; visual, expectation, cerebral etc. They do seem to be predictable. Tweaks always seem to make things sound better, hardly ever worse. I think individuals think they can filter their own biases, "I am in control." This is an illusion. Every time I test someone's reflexes they laugh. There is this quick realization that they can't control it. The leg is going to jerk regardless of how hard they try to stop it. There is a lot we do not have control over, our central nervous system is a prime example. In control? Under the right stress your brain can make you kill yourself. It can make a woman kill her children. It can make you steal a Mustang GT500 and speed yourself halfway across the country before managing to get arrested (True story! This was a manic Budweiser executive who stopped his meds. He erroneously though he was in control.) You are not in control, you are just along for the ride. 
Now I'm going to get that male ego, ruffled fur business and how FOS I am.  I admit it ahead of time, I am FOS. Should I report myself?
@kro77,
Run in pop is not good if volume setting is too high,  rather a feeling of what to expect. But that's me. Being a new cartridge let it run at max recommended Vtf for a number of hours. Then most likely you will have to do alignments again.

G
Thanks for the tips, will try to up it to 1.6 and then go down from there.  The POP is not crazy loud, just louder than my previous cartridge.  Both are MM types.

Went from Clear Audio Virtuoso (used) to a NOS Voice.