Do you let the turntable spin when putting down record and attach the clamp.

Either turn off table between each record side,
or keep it turned on - unscrew the clamp, put record down, clamp and play record.

Thank you.
dcaudio
Post removed 
Since for a DD turntable, there is no momentary sound quality degradation associated with operating the on/off switch, I do off my DD turntables between LPs. For any of the ones I own, they are back up to speed in seconds after re-start. I use a SOTA reflex clamp on 3 of the 4 DDs, so I feel the need to have the platter stationary for changing LPs, anyway. My Lenco is under control of a Phoenix Engineering Eagle power supply and Roadrunner tach. The motor is controlled at the Roadrunner, and it only takes a push-push of a tiny button to stop and start it. So there too I shut down the motor between LPs.  Thus ends yet another exciting topic for me.
When they use to Q up a record on a broadcast TT. The motor was shut down. The record was "Q ed" and then flip the motor back on. They stayed on, you flip them off,  then Q UP, normally 2 TT run all the time.

Within 1/2 a revolution the TT is up to speed. Russco, Sparta, QRK, Collins, Fairchild, Roberts. It is a actual test for BOTH, broadcast and transcription type TT

The transcriptions TT had a brake, it stopped the platter top plate but the the motor never stops.. release the brake and away you go.

Little motors like the Garrard and Thoren, didn’t do well if you turn them off. It takes 5-10 min for them to really stabilize. Still 1/2 to 3/4 turn, they should be up to speed after the eddie brake is released and they are warmed up.

I keep a cool 6-12 Broadcast TT around. Fun to fix up and they last forever. Gear Shifters.. YUP They have gear shifters.. Reminds me of my old 45, Stick shift and a foot clutch..

Regards
Actually, starting and stopping a belt drive repetitively probably does more harm than just letting it run. Direct Drive turntables are impervious to just about anything, their one major advantage in home use. Unless you are slip queuing records torque is not that important. I know, gives a turntable better pace and timing blah, blah, blah.
To bad nobody makes a DD table with an adequate suspension and vacuum clamping with a platter thick enough to keep the cartridge away from the motor. Why would anyone want to market a new turntable? Vinyl will be dead in just a few short years:-)