Cables For Simaudio gear

Hi All,

I've been updating my Simaudio gear to a 700 series, and I have reached a point where I now need to start looking at cables (power and interconects). I've already read some posts and it seems in general the recommendation goes for Cardas. Since the reviews I read had some time now, I was wondering if there is something different/better nowadays.

I was thinking about the following cables:
Power cods: WW Silver Electra 7 or AQ Hurricane
XLR Interconnect: Cardas Clear

I am happy to look into other option, and looking forward to hear your thoughts and experiences.   

Many thanks in advance

Filipe

filipedine
When I wanted some new IC's I bought 5 pairs of AQ Silver Extremes for $90 each from HCM. List price was $400 each! They are superbly made and sounding! Why spend more? Don't fall for reviews touting wire! As for PC's I only bought one - a $90 Pangea from Audio Advisor. Needed it for my Brown BEL 1001 amp. I just wanted to try something more upscale than a Home Depot $6 PC. After listening I don't hear any difference. If I spent 10, 20, 30 ... 100X would I hear a difference? I really doubt it! After all, the sound of an electronic component starts with what comes out of its power supply. Not with what connects it to the wall AC! Heresy for all the wire maniacs on this forum!
In 40+ years of buying, selling and listening to audio gear I have never heard a "bad" sounding IC. That includes the cheap $3 Ch*nese red/black IC's.
@filipedine - FYI..

I have no issue with Cardas but I believe their cables are better suited to Tube amps.

Someone I met had Cardas top of the line speaker cables and they FRIED his $10,000 Ayre power amp because they drove the amp into an oscillating state.

A great many solid state amps will suffer this problem

This does NOT happen with all-tube amps

For great speaker cables take a look at...
https://silversmithaudio.com/fidelium-cables/

For power and interconnect cables I would take a look at Nordost

For a lessor known brand that makes some great cables look at KLE Innovations - even their entry level stuff is better than many other commercial brands TOTL

Regards - Steve