Need speaker advice

Hej

I'm looking for a new pair of speakers. The reason for this is that I find my Tannoy Legacy Eaton a little too difficult to drive for my 2x12w Audion Audio Sterling. I also feel that the Tannoys are a little too relaxed and a little rolled off.

One problem with brands like Tekton and nsmt is that I live in Sweden and I do not have the opportunity to listen to them (which I assume is the same problem in the US) and to send them back if I don't like them is not financially defensible. To take a chance on one of these brands I really have to be sure that they are what I’m looking for. I don’t think this will happend.

I heard Klipsch Heresey III which I didn't like. To my taste, they were too much on my face and too harsh. Could have been the room and/or the amplifier and/or ...?

I listen to all kinds of music, from progressive rock to classical music.
My listening position is 6.6 feet from the speakers.
My budget is aprox $ 7,200.

Any suggestions?

simna
@  simna
Apologies for mentioning this product outside your price limit, but if you can stretch to $8,900, the highly efficient 100dB/W/m "Volti Audio Rival" may be a good fit for you:

From Stereophile Ken Micallef review:
the Rivals had no "sound" of their own...immaculate transparency...
bass was "riveting, powerful, and forceful, and as full of tone, texture, and energy, as I've ever heard," and that the high frequencies were "smooth, wide open, and grain-free."

other reviews also very favorable.
If you are finding that the Tannoy's are a little to "relaxed" and a little too "rolled off" I suggest you look at the components that get you to that point. Your whole system must be "in sync"?. Do research. It took me 50 years but I am there.  
Thanks for all input and suggestions. I've found some of the suggested brands and speakers here in Sweden. I'm gonna check them out now in spring.

But, still; I will not buy a more powerfull amp, I have already a Moonriver 404 that have all the power my Tannoys need. I have just discovered how wonderful a single ended tube amp sounds and I will stick to my new SET amp.

And when it comes to me finding the Tannoy's too laidback and a little rolled off I really think that's the way this speaker sounds (or how they sound in my room).
I've tried moving them around in the room to find where they sound the best. And I think I have found the best location for them.
I have also tried with different amps;
Line Magnetic LM 34AI, Tube Technology Unisis Signature, Audion Audio Sterling Plus with Audion Audio Premier 0.5 Line Level, Musical Fidelity M6i and Moonriver 404.
And different DAC:s; RME ADI-2 DAC and LAB12 DAC1 SE.
Also different transports; Cambridge CXC and Audiolab 6000CDT.
I tried many different cables; speaker cables, analog interconnects, digital rca between transport and DAC.
So, I mean, I have really tried :)

Thanks again guys:)

djones51
3,523 posts
02-10-2021 10:10am
Yes, glad you found it. LoL Findland? I plead fast fingers on a tablet.

IF OP encounters something there he/she loves, Finland will indeed be Findland!