New cartridge $500 range

I have a Pro-Ject 2 Xperience turntable with a Sumiko Blue point #2 cartridge. It is time for a new cartridge. I’m thinking of switching to a MM cartridge. Is there something out there that would be a upgrade from the blue point in the $500 range. 

Rest of my system:
Emotiva XMC-1
Parasound 2125v2 for the front left and right speakers
AV123 Strata Mini front speakers
Pro-Ject Phono Box SE phono amp
Pro-Ject Speed Box S
Parasound Zphono USB phono amp (mostly for recording)
I also have an Emotiva UPA-700 to power my center and surround speakers.

I am thinking of a MM cartridge to get a little more gain, having to turn the volume way up kind of bothers me a little. I would be open to staying with the blue point or another MC cartridge. I would just like something that is easy to setup

thegreenline
Hana EL is an easy recommendation here! It is a low-output MC cartridge. It will sound better than a high-output MC like your Blue Point (I had one). Smoother with more detail across the frequency range. Don't worry about having to set the volume control up more.
Some of my fav. MM, in order from cheaper to more expensive models:

1) Pickering XSV/4000 with genuine Stereohedron stylus tip.

2) Audio-Technica AT-ML170 with MicroLine stylus tip.

3) Grace Level II Ruby (original, not SoundSmith)

P.S. Within $400 - $500 only the first option, but it’s hard to beat at this price!
If your gonna use a low output cart you use a step up, or have the ability to add gain via phono stage.. My Macs have it on the older and newer (better) models 2X or 50 series preamps. Their SS Phono sections are pretty nice too.

You need a certain amount of gain.. It can rob the luster out of the ol LP, no depth, no twinkle (wind chimes) in the music so to speak.. A good phono stage...Makes a good cart sound great sometimes.. Loading it to complement the two.. Cart and phono pre.. Takes a little tinkering..

Regards