Holographic, 3D Solid State Amp under $6k

Greetings! I’m looking for a $4-6k tube preamp + ~$6k solid state Amp combination - an Amp with Preferably a high impedance inputs, and XLR inputs. I want to combine the holographic, 3D imaging and wide soundstage of a tube preamp to the dynamics, control, and extension of a solid state amp. I’d like to see Class A for the first 10-15W. I’m looking for something that compares sonically with Pass, but I can’t go with Pass again.

I had a demo Pass X250.8 and XP-22 for 1 wk. Sounded beautiful, but the low gain of the XP-22 was too low on several sources to power the X250.8. The Volume had to be turned up to 80/99 for decent levels. Unfortunately, there were also QC issues on the Pass - the hum on the XP-22 was intolerable, and the XLR connectors wobbled on the X250.8. I was told that’s how the XLR plugs are on Pass. It didn’t inspire confidence, so I had to send it back with a restocking fee. So No Pass!
88man
I'm very surprised to hear of your problems with Pass equipment as I'm using a 250.8 with the XP 10 pre and have never experienced any of the problems you seem to have had. I'm using XLR connections and have total silence no wobble on connection but a nice secure locking fit. I've never had to go beyond the 60's volume levels and this is using power hungry 3.7i Maggie's.
Hi johnto, the XP-22 has a paltry 9dB of gain. The dealer warned me that you have to really turn up the XP-22. However, it couldn’t drive the X250.8 to decent levels unless the volume was 80/99. I tried an Odyssey Tempest Preamp, and a Don Sachs Model 2 Tube Preamp on the X250.8 - Stellar results with much lower gain settings of 25% on each preamp.

It’s sad that the XLR connection is so wobbly on a 100lbs amp, because I would have loved to keep the X250.8. It sounded amazing with a tube front end. The XP-22 was decent, but the hum was intolerable up to 10ft. from the speakers. That’s the problem buying demo equipment, I guess. $14k was no chump change either.
If you are willing to buy used, then I would suggest and Atmasphere MP-3 and Ayre MX-R monoblocks (non Twenty).
I used them on my Treo's to great acclaim.-And, the XLR inputs are nice and tight.
Unfortunately, they are hard to find used.-but, worth the wait.
Bob
I’m calling bullcrap on the Pass issues. Or, that dealer blows, or if that gear was shipped... it was dropped from a decent height.

People may not like Pass gear, and that is up to their ears. But Pass is nothing but responsive and top notch on QC and support.

I’ve owned lots of Pass gear new and used. Never an issue, and Pass is incredibly responsive to questions. IF that unit had issues, at a minimum that dealer would/should not have charged restocked. I’m sure Pass would agree.

250.8/XP22 is spectacular.

Yes, depending on your speaker efficiency you do tend to have to turn pass gear up a bit into the 70/80 range.