Help Please With A Replacement For Old Aragon Amp.

There aren't any dealers allowing home auditions right now in my area so would appreciate some input n the following.
I think its time to upgrade from my old Aragon 8008BB power amp. It's been good to me but I've got the upgrade bug. Any suggestions as to a worthy replacement? I'm thinking no more than $1500-2000.  I've considered a Cambridge Audio Azur 841W or Musical Fidelity A3 cr power amp. Not opposed to going integrated.  Speakers are ATC Scm 19 V2
85db sensitivity but an ATC dealer told me they don't need gobs of power as often thought.  Pre amp right now is a First Sound Presence MK I (tubes)  The Aragon doesn't seem to grip the speakers despite it's power rating.  Thnks for any replies. 
zar
zar
Try a PS Audio Power Port Classic 
the cost online through PS Audio $49
i also a Pangea 9se power cable plugged into power port.
I replaced power fuse with Synergistic slow blow 1.5 inch 12.5 amp
zar
Try a PS Audio Power Port Classic 
the cost online through PS Audio $49
i also a Pangea 9se power cable plugged into power port.
I replaced power fuse with Synergistic slow blow 1.5 inch 12.5 amp
Have you done any room treatments?

Your listening space is an extension of your system.
The Aragon 8008BB is a very high current amp and it's actually biased pretty high into Class A (biased 26 watts).  It could very well be that the power conditioner is restricting current.  It shouldn't have any problem handling demanding speakers.  It is voiced very much on the warm side, but has excellent bass response and impact. 

It could be the tube preamp that may be coloring the audio signal in a way that gives "loose response" on the sound.