Which speakers did you find bright, fatiguing or just disappointing in some way?

OK, controversial subject but it needs asked. I'm curious for your experiences, mainly in your home, not a dealer and esp. not a show demo
greg7
Can you revise the question to be "Which did not..."?
Much shorter list.
Why is this so?

A clue:

What ALL speakers that sound too bright had in common? 
@prof 
I am surprised by the Spendor D7. I have auditioned it with some really good front end electronics. They were not fatiguing at all. I would say, I auditioned them for a max of 20 mins continuous listening. But I do keep hearing that they do not sound like vintage Spendor sound. Don't know what that means though.

milpai

Understood.

I found to my utter surprise that the D7 sounded somewhat wiry, hard and forward in the high frequencies and I had to keep turning it down.Confused by this I looked up other user reports and found a number of other people felt the same, which was interesting.

Not long after I was in another audio store and sat down in front of a pair of speakers playing, not taking notice of the brand. I noticed a similar quality that I found off-putting. When I looked at the speakers closely it turned out they were Spendor A7 floor standing speakers.

I guess I just don’t get along with the New Spendor Sound of their modern floor standers.

(Which isn’t to say I’m only about cozey, comfy rolled off sound. I use Thiels and Joseph speakers at home as well as Spendors, which are very extended in the high frequencies, but they don’t cause my ears to shut down like the Spendors did).