Single driver speakers. Are they worth considering ?

I don't mean electrostatic. How close to a full range speaker can you come with single driver ?
inna
Build them with Hypex plate amps and use DSP crossovers you won't lose any magic just gain a better speaker.
I have to agree with larryi2 on the Charney Audio Horns. Throw out every conventional negative knock about fullrange single driver speakers. Charney Audio horns are designed on the tractrix theory and deliver music that emotionally engage the listener. It’s all there, natural highs, enticing midrange, and proper well defined bass.

Not all single drivers are made the same "the better the driver the better the performance". This is true with a properly designed and implemented enclosure. I was very impressed with the inexpensive Lii Audio Fast 8 in the Maestro cabinet designed for smallish rooms. Voxativ drivers shine and AER are absolutely sublime! Detailed, fast, and accurate when mated with high quality electronics.

Full disclosure I own a pair of Charney Companion Horns designed for the Omega RS7 driver. Listening to them as I write this. I have owned a number of Omega speakers in the past. Louis does a great job and is an awesome guy to work with. But IMHO the Charney Audio Horns take the RS7 to a much higher level!  Hoping to upgrade to a Companion with Voxativ drivers soon.

Read about Charney and the tractrix theory here:
http://charneyaudio.com/
At RMAF there is a guy who always sets up in the lobby area, and uses Voxativ driver based speakers. He doesn’t play them loudly, but I remember thinking- I’ll be damned if that doesn’t sound EXACTLY like a piano. Every time I went by, same impression- it was like there was a piano player behind him.
I don’t know that this would translate into a fully satisfying experience at louder volumes with other instruments, but man it was convincing for what it was.
@james_edward  +1

I remember thinking- I’ll be damned if that doesn’t sound EXACTLY like a piano.