Building new system starting with power amp. What would you choose ?

This is not how it usually happens, but what if you simply must have a particular amp and then move with upgrades in both directions? Let's assume that the only source will be RTR deck, so no preamp will be needed.
The price range..how about $15k new or used ?
This is a hypothetical exercise, I am personally not prepared for that yet. However, it would be, theoretically, perfect minimalist audiophile set-up. 
I myself would probably choose either Lamm monoblocks or Gryphon stereo power amp, both used of course.
inna
I have a Krell KSA-80B which sounds even better than an ML-2.  It puts 640 watts into my One Ohm Apogee Scintillas.  It never strains.  Its very musical.  I had it factory recapped a couple of years ago.  Its my amp for life.
I'd like the Sim audio amps myself very neutral warm sounding. The w8 was phenomenal.
@arcticdeth 
i love my Magtech. Fyi, your suggestion is the reason i looked into sanders. Im not sure how any other amp could be better. Nothing ive heard at least.
It don't work that way. You have to decide what speakers you can live with. Then get an amp that feeds them what they want. And why oh why do you think that you don't want a preamp?
When tape deck with volume control is your source you don’t need a preamp. Electrically must be matched, though.