Dedicated power

I'm looking to run a dedicated 30a and dedicated 20a line to my system directly from the fuse box. 
I currently have some florescent lights and some other junk on the line so I'm hoping it will be an improvement. Things sounds like they are straining somewhat when you crank things up. The amp will go on the 30a line and the digital stuff on the 20a. 
Anyone done this and saw improvements? 
mofojo
@mofojo:
Run a 10/awg BX/MC cable solid core conductors from the breaker panel to a metal receptacle box. The metal sheathing on the BX/MC cable absorbs the (EF)) electric fields emitted by the wires and shunts it to ground. Now from panel to plug is shielded. The upside is low line noise and reduced antenna effect. Downside BX/MC cable is pricier. Hope that helps. Mike.  
Isolation transformers bring noise. And eventually they hum. Having surge suppressor devices at your equipment rack brings noise to the system and raises impedance. Use a whole house surge suppressor like a Seimens RS 100 or 140 at the breaker box and a non surge suppressing power conditioner at the equipment rack for the lowest impedance and noise and a higher dump of instantaneous current on demand.

That is Caelin Gabriel of Shunyata’s advice. But a P.I. Audio UberBuss(with a DigiBuss internally to isolate noisy digital components from the analog components) does it better and way less expensively.
Please find a way to isolate the Digital from the Analog.

Then buy a Triode Wire Lab’s High Power Digital American instead of a Shunyata Omega XC and save even more. Take the money you saved and buy new amps like the Jeff Rowland Model 125 or speakers. WIN!

vinylshadow
71 posts
02-04-2021 7:02pm
Isolation transformers bring noise. And eventually they hum.

Extreme isolation transformers don't "bring noise", they are specifically designed to reduce noise, and transformer hum is a mechanical noise that doesn't necessarily translate into signal stream noise.
Stay with one line, a 20A. This will avoid ground loops. Just buy a Niagara 1200 and that will give you many receptacles to plug gear into. Also, I’d recommend the AQ Edison receptacle for the one line. So right there you will still have the extra receptacle above or below the Niagara upon plugging it in. Lastly use at least 12/2 (20A/usually yellow) Romex, not 14/2. Do it yourself, it is easy/saves lots of money.
Do you have an audio system or a welding machine ?

If you really need 30 amps, you may consider changing your system.  It is more like a PA system than an audio system :-)

Besides, sockets used for 30 amp connections will not accept normal amplifier plugs.