Help! Receiver or preamp? Im overwhelmed...

I need some help. Been gone for years and much has changed and Im just overwhelmed with the years of info on the forums. I dont want to make a foolish decision and would so appreciate the communities gracious knowledge and assistance.

Im 75% music and 25% HT. 

Gear:
Paradigm Studio 100 v4 mains Paradigm CC690 center 
Paradigm V2monitor surrounds
SVS PB13 Ultra Sub
Emotiva XPA 5 amp (200x5)
Keeping all the above

The old 5 channel Rotel HT1055 receiver (no HDMI) needs to upgrade even though I love the sound! Im fine with 5.1 and not interested in Atmos. Im also fine with a used item. What do you reccomend for some killer sound and updated HDMI?

jsbranham7
@noble100 

You say that an Oppo 205 would do the trick - but can it control volume with the analogue outputs? I ask this because my top end Panasonic 9000 can't - I needed to get a volume control with a remote - so I just caved and bought the best sounding processor I could find used. That was a Classe 800 - it sounds amazing, but can't do 4K - which is why it didn't cost $15K. Compromises, compromises ...
Denon X series, if you already have a five channel amp and want to use that in conjunction of the Denon’s preamp out it’ll work great. Just get an X3700 and be done with it. Best performing processor receiver for the money by far. 
Love my Pioneer SC LX81 but depressed looking at what they're worth now; sounds great with 2 ch and 5.1.

My LG is OLED but pre 4K and still does it for me- still a fantastic easy to watch tellie
The Anthem MX 520 cost me about $1100 when purchased from my dealer.  There may have been a slight price increase in the year since, but it should be close to enough to your budget to justify a little stretch and the advantage of owning a new component.  I greatly prefer Anthem sound without Room Correction to Marantz and Denon.  With ARC, it’s not even close, imo
@mahler123 How would you describe Anthem, vs Marantz and Denon, or Rotel for that matter?