Help! Receiver or preamp? Im overwhelmed...

I need some help. Been gone for years and much has changed and Im just overwhelmed with the years of info on the forums. I dont want to make a foolish decision and would so appreciate the communities gracious knowledge and assistance.

Im 75% music and 25% HT. 

Gear:
Paradigm Studio 100 v4 mains Paradigm CC690 center 
Paradigm V2monitor surrounds
SVS PB13 Ultra Sub
Emotiva XPA 5 amp (200x5)
Keeping all the above

The old 5 channel Rotel HT1055 receiver (no HDMI) needs to upgrade even though I love the sound! Im fine with 5.1 and not interested in Atmos. Im also fine with a used item. What do you reccomend for some killer sound and updated HDMI?

jsbranham7
@jsbranham7 

I noticed you said 75% music 25% HT. I am sort of going through the same thing I have separates Integra 80.3 processor and Sunfire Cinema Grand series II 5 channel amp. Thinking of going back to a new receiver also something in the middle to catch the 25% HT but a looking for a used higher end integrated amp to get the 75% music i am getting more interested in. So some choices.
Nad 758
Denon x4700
MarantzIntegrated amp Music 75%
Audiolab 6000ANad C 338
Cambridge Audio CXA 60

I have a Rotel prepro, and if you like the sound you’re getting now I wouldn’t recommend Marantz, which has a very different sound profile with a softer and less detailed treble but a fuller, richer midrange.  If you’d like to keep the basic sonic traits you have but just improve it across the board I’d go with Anthem.  There’s a used MRX720 on US AudioMart for $1600 (I’d offer $1300 as Anthem just introduced their new models) that would provide better 2-channel performance but also much better multichannel processing and room correction.  It’s a bit over your budget but a nice step up if you can swing it, but if not you can probably get a used MRX520 for around $1000 but I think is a step down in their ARC room correction.  Personally, if I’m you I’d buy the MRX720 as it’ll give you great all-around improvements and I think you’ll be thrilled.  Anyway, FWIW and best of luck. 
@noble100 

You say that an Oppo 205 would do the trick - but can it control volume with the analogue outputs? I ask this because my top end Panasonic 9000 can't - I needed to get a volume control with a remote - so I just caved and bought the best sounding processor I could find used. That was a Classe 800 - it sounds amazing, but can't do 4K - which is why it didn't cost $15K. Compromises, compromises ...
Denon X series, if you already have a five channel amp and want to use that in conjunction of the Denon’s preamp out it’ll work great. Just get an X3700 and be done with it. Best performing processor receiver for the money by far. 
Love my Pioneer SC LX81 but depressed looking at what they're worth now; sounds great with 2 ch and 5.1.

My LG is OLED but pre 4K and still does it for me- still a fantastic easy to watch tellie