Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
I have bragged about those yellow caps as state of the art, and they were in their day
Oh, no! Time to remove the radiator again? Lol

I do occasionally wonder about different bypass caps on the CSA coax feeds. We went with Multicaps but, in hindsight, I’m curious to hear something like the Audyn True Copper Max or Jupiter. Likewise, wonder how the Path Audio resistors better the Mills MRAs, if at all. Then again, that was a lot of work to make one change in one channel, wait for it to burn in, and carefully compare in mono. 
Maybe I’ll just listen to music and be happy rather than compulsive?
:)

With the 3.7, I wonder if Rob Gillum’s experience is related to those massive ELs which cannot practically be upgraded due to size and cost.  But, yeah, the Mills seems like low hanging fruit that is likely to make a nice sonic upgrade and for not much money.
tmsrdg

Thank You for reporting your experience with Rob Gillum at CSS. 
He knows Thiel Audio loudspeakers.

Happy Listening!
beetlemania

Good to see you, as always. I really must hear your upgraded 2.4s sometime for a sonic comparison. In the Spring, I will send my AX-5 to AYRE for the full Twenty Series upgrade.
I believe the previous AX-5/20 was a 2017 model. It is going to be interesting to compare mine against the previous Amp auditioned.

Happy Listening!
tomthiel

Thank You for another year of hard work researching and developing (R&D) our beloved loudspeakers. Keep up the outstanding effort.

Happy Listening!
@beetlemania how much would a used v-1 cost? I swims if it drive 7.2’s it’ll drive 3.6’s just fine. Right? 32 fets per channel? Sounds amazing I want one.