Help! Receiver or preamp? Im overwhelmed...

I need some help. Been gone for years and much has changed and Im just overwhelmed with the years of info on the forums. I dont want to make a foolish decision and would so appreciate the communities gracious knowledge and assistance.

Im 75% music and 25% HT. 

Gear:
Paradigm Studio 100 v4 mains Paradigm CC690 center 
Paradigm V2monitor surrounds
SVS PB13 Ultra Sub
Emotiva XPA 5 amp (200x5)
Keeping all the above

The old 5 channel Rotel HT1055 receiver (no HDMI) needs to upgrade even though I love the sound! Im fine with 5.1 and not interested in Atmos. Im also fine with a used item. What do you reccomend for some killer sound and updated HDMI?

jsbranham7
"... What do you recommend for some killer sound..."

I’ll just spit it out and let the chips fly. A two channel system with a good pre-amp and power amp.

Edit: Sorry I didn't know I was in the Home Theater group...but I said it so I wont take it back. Just ignore me. 
I’m thinking pre-amp/processor as well Russ. No worries brother. I’m in desperate need of advice as I’m 200 miles from any pro audio places. Much appreciated!
jsbranham7 - I think you may have mentioned some options that might really work for you.  For starters, that Marantz SR7012 just might do it for you.  We happen to have a den w/ Paradigm Studio 100s up front, Paradigm Studio center & surrounds, and an SVS sub.  We've gone both ways w/ an external amp - B&K or Odyssey.  And right now it's neither of them - we're bi-amp'ing the front channels directly from the 7012.  Got that SR7012 on an absolutely super deal (so that may help a little to make things sound darned decent to one of us).  Anthem is good stuff, too - that's prob. my next choice (but it'll never beat the price for our 7012).  If you can get such a deal or try 'em either could be highly recommended.
With your budget, I would recommend a used Marantz AV processor. I've had one for about 6 years, never had a problem. A used Anthem, a better piece, is over your budget.
I’ve had several Marantz ‘s they held up great I only got rid of them because I decided I want to separates. You can always find a good deal on one used