Has anybody bought or heard a Chinese knock off amplifier?

There are a lot clones coming out of China and power amplifiers seem to be along for the ride.
Mark Levinson, Goldmund, and Accuphase are some of the big names I see replica’s being advertised for sale. These replica’s range in price from $500-$2000. My curiosity every time I see these always is do they even sound like the brand they are trying copy? Another thought that comes to my mind when I see them is, are they even safe or reliable. I myself wouldn’t touch one of these, but that’s me. Has anybody heard one? If so it would be interesting to hear some opinions regarding these amplifiers.
hiendmmoe
Until China ends this illegal trade in knock-offs and stealing IP rights, Trump is correct.  China is not fit to trade with other nations.

A friend of mine bought a fake Rolex years ago.  He showed it to me while we were sitting by the pool in Thailand.  I could see it was fake (watch out, they're a lot better now although cost a lot more than $20. 

Anyhow, I wanted him to admit it was fake.  So I waited til we got up to go in the pool.  He started to take it off.  I said: no Graham, that's waterproof to 2000 feet.  He said, no not this one.
glupson6,945 posts02-03-2021 6:22amGuys,

I think your anger is misdirected here. You should go and discuss it here...

Anger? Or things you don't agree with?
People that produce counterfeit anything are thieves. It’s no more complicated than that. People that buy things from thieves are either ignorant, or amoral.
Poor people from poor countries must buy US and must not work to eat? 😁

Black and white in morality is sometimes very pragmatical but for whom?

We had a good advice here i think.....

Guys,

I think your anger is misdirected here. You should go and discuss it here...
World trade Organization
clearthinker

2 fake watch stories.

Many years ago, at least 50, I found out about a coin shop and jeweler (not sidewalk stuff), fake Cartier Tank watch. The seller said, it looks like the original, but DO NOT take it to Cartier for repair. Big smile.

Also many years ago, maybe 30, a client’s facilities manager came from Chicago to NYC. We going to lunch, he says let’s walk on that side of the street. He had seen a guy selling fake Rolex the day before. I said, noooo, sidewalk, on top of a cardboard box is not a good idea.

He buys one, back to Chicago.

Comes back about a month later, same thing, his had broken. Who would think it, but the guy was there. My friend picks one up, looks the guy straight in the eye, hands him his broken one, says that’s yours. Did I forget to mention my friend was HUGE. Seller smiles, off we go.

OP, sorry again.