Lyra Etna or Atlas?

I have read that these two cartridges each have special qualities and are both superb.
Price does not always relate to overall quality. Does anyone have experience with either or both.
I see that they are both very popular. 6 months waiting list.

mglik
fsonicsmith ~ your going to be in for a treat 👍

Both great pickups. Of the new Lambda series I’ve only set up an Atlas (not SL) and it was rather special in terms of extracting delicacy from the mix while analytically conveying all the texture, tone, space and pace you would expect.

FWIW, my overall feeling from the previous series is that the Etna has a bit more boogie & emphasis in music’s flow while the Atlas lets you smell the roses.
FWIW, my overall feeling from the previous series is that the Etna has a bit more boogie & emphasis in music’s flow while the Atlas lets you smell the roses.

Great analogy!

I listened to both in my system.  The Atlas was more detailed and refined with more pinpoint imaging and seemed more neutral.  The Etna sounded warmer and more organic with less precise imaging but a wider soundstage.  Both great but really depends on your system and what you like.  
The Etna Lamda .56mv has elevated my vinyl playback. It is still breaking in-I have only 5 hours on it! I am still trying to dial in the loading with my Manley Steelhead as between 50 and 100 ohms. Right now 50 sounds better to my ears but perhaps with break-in 100 will sound better. 
My VdH Crimson XGW Strad had some very similar qualities but the Etna takes those qualities and presents them in a more coherent, refined  fashion with more inner detail and greater retrieval of music than I ever new was present. New little aspects of familiar recordings emerge with each side, which is fun. 
I tried to use the SPT stylus cleaner for the first time today. The supplied brush is wide and thin. I find applying the cleaner via the supplied brush so as to only hit the stylus with the thin edge of the brush and not the cantilever as instructed is nigh impossible absent a set of magnifying glasses and steadier hands then I have. I am tempted to just stick with the supplied conventional dry brush.