Tube virgin looking for tube amp under $3k

I’ve never owned any tube amps or preamps and since I’ve got 95dB efficient speakers I thought why the heck not? And wow! What a rabbit hole I’ve gone down In the last week or so and my head is really spinning. For just about every amp or amp/preamp combo there’s someone who loves it and someone who says don’t bother. And then the more I dig, the more brands I find.

I’ve read about these products recently:

— Erhard Audio integrated amp 
—The various iterations of the ST-70 (Van Alstein, Bob Latino, Will Vincent, etc.)
—Music Reference RM10
—Cary (out of budget except used)
—Raven (at max budget for integrated)
—Dennis Had (hard to buy/find)
—Quicksilver Mid mono (need preamp)
—Decware (too long a wait for me at the moment but maybe one day)
—Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III (at max budget and do I really need 100WPC with my speakers in a small room?)

And probably a few others I’ve forgotten about already. 

I have to say that the Bob Latino ST-70 speaks to me for the price of entry (about $1400) and the fact that I could get away without a preamp and only use a passive input selector. That said, would an ST-70 be the best choice or only the cheapest? 

Any ideas for a tube newb who doesn’t have a stockpile of tubes to roll in and out of an amp?

larshepping
+1 yogiboy, russ49

I heard the Quicksilver Integrated easily drive Dynaudio Evoke 10s and 20's, much lower sensitivity than 95db. It's a great value.
Don’t overlook Rogue Audio. I’ve got the Cronus Mag III and love it. If it matters to you, Rogue is manufactured right here in the USA.
I will be selling my Cary Audio CAD 300B Signature tube amp in the coming weeks. It’s has new JJ 300B tubes and JJ rectifier tubes. It was recently checked out throughly. PM me if this interests you.
Elekit TU-8600 assembled with all the trimmings. Hit up vkmusic net. You will not be disappointed.