Speaker cable length

Hey y'all,

I'm thinking about changing the setup of my rig so the equipment rack is off to the side and nothing is between the speakers. However, that's going to entail a much longer set of speaker cables. Is there anything about speaker cable length I should be aware of? And and am I right in assuming that I need to keep both pairs of cables equal length?
128x128simao
@bpoletti  dude, I got so many problems that monoblocks would be the least of my therapy. Besides, to find a set of monoblocks in the preamp that would give me what my line magnetic gives me for even a comparable price is ridiculous. I would much rather spend that money on music
It’s much better to have the speaker cables the same length and as short as possible. I have 6 meter balanced interconnects driving pairs of monoblock Linn Solos which sit just beside my B&W 800 D3s abd the difference to the previous “traditional” set-up is unbelievable.
@simao I believe you are approaching this the right way. You purchased a quality speaker cable (inexpensive as well) and have positioned yourself to try both system arrangements. I predict you will like the soundstage benefit the rack by your side arrangement will provide. 
Post removed 
@mesch thanks. I'll post before and after pictures on my virtual systems page when my amp gets back from being serviced.