Two subwoofers for two channel music listening

Hi all , 
How do you hook up two active subwoofers? I have two SVS 1000 series subwoofers with both high level (speaker) and line level (RCA) ins.

Method one - Lets say the subs have high/speaker level inputs. So do you hook up the left sub from the left amplifier out and similarly right speaker out from the amp to right sub high level in? This set up is just like the stereo pair of speakers.

Method two - The alternate is from a preamp hook up the RCA line in of one subwoofer then daisy chain i.e. RCA out from the first sub to the RCA in of the second subwoofer. Not using a Y splitter from the preamp. Trying to use both red and white RCA from preamp to red and white RCA in of the first sub.

Which method do you prefer? Any benefit or disadvantage of one over the other? Thanks for your comments and inputs.
128x128confuse_upgraditis
To everyone - thanks for chiming in. I just do not want to localize sub bass in either left or right side. - confuse_upgraditis

Your name is apt. 

Sub bass cannot be localized. Nothing you can do in the way of hooking them up or locating them on your room will ever change the fact we cannot tell where such low bass frequencies are coming from.
Not all subs have speaker hook ups , Svs has rca as well as other .
I use level level  with very good line out adapters from amplifier
 binding posts to line out adapters, that have rca  sub outs to subwoofer in, noticably more accurate then preamp out.
Why? I'd sell the speakers and buy one that does bass. Why ruin a speaker by adding bloated bass from subs. They are relegated to the home theater in this castle!
@millercarbon OP is unintentionally referring to being able to locate a sub by either having the xover set too high on the sub or having the volume/ gain set too high. Subs can do an excellent job @audioguy85 of augmenting speakers low end which when done correctly can take the pressure of your mains to produce those lows and free them up for mids and highs.

audioguy85
541 posts
01-30-2021 7:43pm
"Why? I'd sell the speakers and buy one that does bass. Why ruin a speaker by adding bloated bass from subs. They are relegated to the home theater in this castle!"

With small stand-mount speakers and sub(s), you can locate the stand-mounts for best imaging/soundstaging and locate the sub(s) for best bass. With large speakers w/o sub(s) you don't have that option.

"Bloated bass from subs" doesn't exist if they're set up properly. Test tones and SPL meter is the method I chose.