Killer used integrated for

Setting up a basement system and looking to replace older Marantz surround receiver with something more for 2 channel for under $500. Was looking for a Audio Refinement Complete but none for sale. Any others I should be considering? No phono needed.
mcondo
Used better or dual mono Japanese integrated for $100-150, in OK but flaky shape.

Taken to a pro tech who is audiophile oriented and rebuilt to beyond original spec for $350-400.

total, $500, and not going to be equalled for at least a few thousand, if purchased new.

maybe not easily beat -at all.....depends on the amp found and at the core of the rebuild.

but one has to put the work in. No (risking of) pain, no gain.

Also, Sun Tzu: If you sit by the river long enough, the body of your enemy ~will~ float by.

I’m saying that you’ll have to be patient and work for it... wait for it...and chose the right item.
I have an excellent condition Audio Refinement Complete in my closet. IMO a step above Rega Brio R and Rega Mira 3 I have owned. I don’t have a use for it, but keep it because it’s so good.

I currently use Vista Audio spark on my desk. Great little amp but only 20 watts.

Someone mentioned the Parasound Zamp. Also owned. Very clean and analytical sounding. It almost sounded like Class D. I didn’t care for it but I imagine it would be real nice with a tube front end.

Someone also mentioned the little Emotiva 50 watt amp (also owned). It’s good for money but a step below the Rega amps I mentioned.

Good luck!
Rotel RA-980BX. I own one since 1992 and except for some capacitors that needed to be changed 10 years ago, it has performed flawlessly. Clean and simple design, quality built, plenty of power. They do not come up very often in the US but if they do they usually go for less than $500. Here is some info on it: https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/rotel/ra-980bx.shtml
+1 on the Exposure. I had one here for a while. It definitely plays well above its price. Iirc, they also sell a matching amp in case you’re looking for more power down the road
@mcondo - get a lovely vintage reciever... recently picked up a Luxman R-1050 and its extraordinary! Rosewood cabinet, lovely glowing meters so the vibe is right but, it PLAYS BRILLIANTLY! Can pick something like this up for $5-$600 so right in your wheelhouse. 50x2 of clean bountiful power that's enough for any relatively efficient speaker. Plenty of options but that'd be my route. GL!