Class D

Been thinking of trying a D amp to reduce clutter. Most that I see are not rated at 2 ohms.  My PSB Stratus gold's will drop to 3 ohms or lower at some frequencies. So my question is will these types of amps handle this impedance ?
Thanks in advance. Chris
128x128zappas
That's a lot of amplifiers with a lot of feedback there @georgehifi, just like Soulution.

Seems you are talking out both sides of your mouth and trying to eat someone else's cake at the same time.

Does it ever occur to you that there is absolutely no consistency in what you posts?
I have to say georgehifi according to you the only amps anyone should EVER own are Gryphon, “big” Krells, or D’Augostino, maybe a JC1 pair. It’s the same discussion, the same argument, the same bla, bla, bla. Sure you are a fan, those are some great designs, but get off it. They aren’t the end all be all, there are many, many excellent amps out there, a lot of which will drive just about anything. Given the lower sensitivity of speaker designs overall these days, premium designers do pretty well to design amps that do very well. Lots of opinion, not much substance here.
I have to say georgehifi according to you the only amps anyone should EVER own are Gryphon, “big” Krells, or D’Augostino, maybe a JC1 pair.
Lot more big BJT's than just those sunshine

At least your reading about some of them 😉
Must have something that tweaks your fancy 😘

Cheers George
Georgehifi whines about feedback in ClassD while idolizing solid state amps with tons of feedback.

Georgehifi idolizes Technics while ignoring they need to use DSP and variable delay to compensate for phase shift in their output filter.

Ignores circuit design requirements then faults performance.

Just dogmatic rambling at this point. The hole is dug too deep to be willing to admit error.
come on guys, what do you expect, gFi still can manage knowing when you use 'your' and you're Sigh!